HONG KONG LIMITED WARRANTY POLICY
Goodyear provides a limited warranty for all Goodyear branded passenger tyres and light truck tyres purchased from its authorised retailers for use in Hong Kong.
From the assembly line to the road, Goodyear is focused on providing the best quality products for a confident drive with complete peace of mind. That’s why we back our tyres with 6 years limited warranty from the date of manufacture or until the usable tread life of the tire (remaining tread depth must be 1.6mm or more), whichever expires earlier.
3 STEPS TO APPLY FOR A CLAIM OR AN ADJUSTMENT:
Step 1 – Go back to the store of purchase and let them verify whether the tyre is claimable
Step 2 – The store of purchase may, at their discretion, contact a Goodyear Authorized Distributor for further verification
Step 3 – Goodyear Authorized Distributor will then arrange an appointment for the affected tyres to be inspected
In the event the tyres are found to have manufacturing defects, Goodyear Authorized Distributor(s) will provide the customer with a Pro-rated adjustment:
- A pro-rated adjustment with partial refund voucher will be extended to customers with proof of purchase (6 years from date of manufacture)
- To qualify for the adjustment, the remaining tread depth must be more than 1.6mm average across the surface of the tyre.
- Adjustment is granted for the affected tyre only.
- The adjustment will be based on Goodyear’s recommended retail price list or the original invoice price, whichever is lower.
- The affected tyre must be retained by the store of purchase.
Example of pro-rated adjustment calculation:
- Tire original (new) tread depth is 8.0mm
- Remaining tread depth is at 4mm (average across the surface of the affected tyre)
- (4mm – 1.6mm) / 8mm = 30%
- Goodyear’s recommended retail price or the original invoice price for the tire is $100 before GST.
- Customer will receive a partial refund voucher of $100 x 30% = $30.
- The refund is to be used to offset the purchase of new tyre/tyres from the original store of purchase.
What is not covered by this limited warranty?
This Limited Warranty does not cover damage or irregular wear and tear caused by or arising from:
- Damages including puncture, cut, impact break, bruise, bulge etc.
- Improper use or operation, including, without limitation: Improper use such as racing, overloading, improper inflation pressure, fitting not according to the specification of the car or wheels manufacturer, misapplication, negligence, and alterations to the tyre.
- Insufficient or improper maintenance, including, without limitation: Failure to rotate tyres regularly, wheel misalignment, worn suspension components, improper tyre mounting or demounting, tyre/wheel assembly imbalance, or other vehicle conditions, defects, or characteristics.
- Contamination or degradation by petroleum products or other chemicals, fire or water.
- Improper repair. Improper repair voids this Limited Warranty.
- If the tyre has less than 1.6mm remaining tread depth, this limited warranty will no longer apply.
- The affected tyre must be retained by Goodyear’s authorised service centre.